Hi. I'm Kait from RSM's site, and saw your link there.
It took us three months of trying before I just decided to screw it and not have kids. We had sex once that month, followed by me going on a serious bender (not that my drinking really had anything to do with it) to finally get pregnant.
This is what I've learned through research (and you probably already know): It takes three months for sperm to regrow, so if he's damaged his man bits in anyway, it will take three months of good habits to get the mobility and potency back. To help with that, he should avoid caffeine (all though the jury is kind of out on that one - some say coffee just before the act helps, some say don't have any AT ALL), no hot baths or hot tubs, no smoking or drugs, and that he should be taking the prenatal vitamin that you should (already) be taking (just in case you DO get pregnant, you want to be covered from the very beginning - your first three months is when the deformities happen). We stuck to this guideline like it was the Bible, and we were pretty lucky. Let me tell you, my husband was unhappy about the no baths thing (showers are fine provided he doesn't get too hot, you want to keep the little swimmers nice and cool so they don't die or get sluggish), but once you're pregnant - it all turns around... no baths for you and he can sit in as much hot water as he wants. :)
Don't get discouraged. It will happen for you one day. I know that hearing that doesn't really help, but I wanted you to know how frustrated I was for those three months while we tried. I honestly thought it would never happen and I ended up having a very bad attitude towards having sex, which made my husband feel bad.
So, my advice? Take it easy and relax. Enjoy some wine (as heaven knows you won't be drinking any soon enough), get on a prenatal vitamin and really? Have sex when you want. Not every day (unless you want to), and don't make that "fertile week" a big deal, just make sure you do the deed at least once during that week. It will happen for you!
I am 35 years old and married to JDog who is 8 years younger than me and who I adore. I have a brilliant 10 year-old daughter KDog, who amazes me everyday and has more than once been the only reason I stayed sane. Baby J joined our life in May 2008 and makes me smile and feel complete in so many ways. We were speechless in February 2010 when we found out we were pregnant. A blessing we accept and yet I am scared out of my mind! We have a mischievous puppy and a stuck-up cat we laugh at everyday.
dayyyyyyyyyum, but it was fun accepting deposits, wasnt it? i hope you dont start chaffing!
Hi. I'm Kait from RSM's site, and saw your link there.
It took us three months of trying before I just decided to screw it and not have kids. We had sex once that month, followed by me going on a serious bender (not that my drinking really had anything to do with it) to finally get pregnant.
This is what I've learned through research (and you probably already know): It takes three months for sperm to regrow, so if he's damaged his man bits in anyway, it will take three months of good habits to get the mobility and potency back. To help with that, he should avoid caffeine (all though the jury is kind of out on that one - some say coffee just before the act helps, some say don't have any AT ALL), no hot baths or hot tubs, no smoking or drugs, and that he should be taking the prenatal vitamin that you should (already) be taking (just in case you DO get pregnant, you want to be covered from the very beginning - your first three months is when the deformities happen). We stuck to this guideline like it was the Bible, and we were pretty lucky. Let me tell you, my husband was unhappy about the no baths thing (showers are fine provided he doesn't get too hot, you want to keep the little swimmers nice and cool so they don't die or get sluggish), but once you're pregnant - it all turns around... no baths for you and he can sit in as much hot water as he wants. :)
Don't get discouraged. It will happen for you one day. I know that hearing that doesn't really help, but I wanted you to know how frustrated I was for those three months while we tried. I honestly thought it would never happen and I ended up having a very bad attitude towards having sex, which made my husband feel bad.
So, my advice? Take it easy and relax. Enjoy some wine (as heaven knows you won't be drinking any soon enough), get on a prenatal vitamin and really? Have sex when you want. Not every day (unless you want to), and don't make that "fertile week" a big deal, just make sure you do the deed at least once during that week. It will happen for you!
Thanks Kait...any advice that includes drinking wine...is good advice!