So BabyJ had ear infections. LOTS of ear infections. They did not clear up with multiple antibiotic treatments, dairy reduction, chiropractic care. In fact, the last 2 months he was on 5 different antibiotics continuously, because he would get horrible fevers and pneumonia and even low oxygen levels all stemming from the ear infections. We would treat one and go back to get it checked and still infected!. Needless to say I have VERY little sick time left. My daycare policy is they have to be fever free for 24 hours. I don't think BabyJ has made a full week of daycare since Christmas. Conjointly I have taken many days off and thankfully Jdog has been able to help out and take some off too. Finally we got the referral for an ENT at my go -to hospital. They said we could come in MAY. MAY? He could have 6 more infections by then. We are getting on a plane with PRESSURE issues at the end of the month and you can't see him until MAY? Plan B...went to my small town Nurse Practitioner who I ADORE...and she pulled strings to get an appointment with EXCELLENT ENT at another hospital. I have so little sick time left (you do know I am pregnant right? ha ha NO PAID MATERNITY LEAVE FOR ME NEXT YEAR!) anyway Jdog took him to the appointment. He had some hearing loss (temporary) and very little drum reaction. He scheduled the tube procedure IMMEDIATELY.
Fast forward to Monday. I got up a 4:30am , packed my little jammy boy and drove to my hometown. I was so proud of myself for doing this without Jdog, but like I said we both had taken so much time off we have to spread it out. Got to the hospital and got into our room immediately. Thank god they scheduled it early because he couldn't eat. I was concerned how I was going to explain to a very food loving 22 month old that he couldn't EAT. Then I saw them.
The scrubs. I was torn. THEY WERE SO DAMN CUTE and SO DAMN SCARY. It was one of the many times I could have broken down. (emotional with pregnancy, Florida trip and then this) but I did not. I kept telling myself there were little ones all over the world suffering from much worse than this. Enduring chemo, transplants or even worse third world countries just plain old suffering.
So I sucked it up.
BabyJ was eerily calm. Normally he would have had that small waiting room turned inside out, but he just sat on my lap for 45 minutes and rocked and watched TV. Never asked for juice. Never asked to eat. Never tried to escape or jump around. Then the nurses came and gave him "relaxing meds" . It was great because when the surgical nurses came he went with them willing and gladly ( I NEED SOME OF THOSE MEDS- AT THE VERY LEAST THEY COULD HAVE HAD BAILEYS by the coffee.) Anyway the whole thing to 15 minutes and in the waiting room, where I sat in solitude and updated my facebook, people were sharing who they were waiting for. One lady was waiting for her husband to undergo a 6 hour prostrate cancer operation. I took a deep breath and thanked God I was only there for tubes. BabyJ was a little upset coming out of surgery. Cried for a bit. DR said he had months of built up fluid which they had to pull out like gum! EW! We left and I ran to Target where he proceeded to flirt the checkers. Super fast recovery. Was bouncing off the walls after a 3 hours nap.
ALL GOOD.


I'm not happy that he had to have surgery, but i am glad that you can all get back into a good sick free routine again!!