Tears

TEACHBROECK On 5:49 AM

I didn't cry when my sister died.
Fast forward 9 years. I didn't cry when my beloved grandfather died this winter. I loved them both. I had deep bonds with them both. They were both huge parts of my life, but I sailed through the arrangements and funerals almost numb? I even spoke at my grandfather's funeral. ME! Who blushes at thought of a captive audience over the age of 12.
This morning I caught the first 20 minutes of the Today show. They had a bit that showed a sailor who had been away for 7 months surprise his son in his kindergarten class. The son's face when he saw his dad and then ran to him with tears in his eyes. INSTATEARS for me. Strange. I often wonder if God gives me grace to deal with death and be strong for the others In my life...OR so I repress my feelings so much I can't feel things when and how I should. But then I can cry about a book, movie or song that has nothing to do with me.

WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?

7 Responses "Tears"

  1. Anonymous says:

    First of all, that Today show would have made me cry. I cry very easily when I see service men/women leaving their families or returning home after a tour. I've never really thought about it, but those kinds of things always make me cry....no matter what.

  2. Anonymous says:

    I don't usually cry when I read books. But I can cry during a movie. Thanks for the question; it's making me think new thoughts.

  3. Anonymous says:

    Did you cry about your sister or your grandpa.....I mean later? Remember that everyone grieves differently. Crying doesn't mean you are greiving 'correctly.' It only means that you are not crying.

  4. Umm once in ahwile in a wine induced break-down I figure out I am crying about my sister. I just feel like crying is the universal expression of sadness...I wanted to be sad...it is a pattern though that I suffer internally and then have some sort of "episode" sparked by something irrelavant and then realize why I am upset.

  5. Anonymous says:

    You said, "I wanted to be sad." I am pretty sure you were sad...just not crying. And.....I think when you lose someone that close to you (sister, grandpa), you are bound to have 'episodes.' There are times that I am hit by the fear I felt when Emma was sick...like I am right back to that time....it's ishy...

  6. Kait says:

    At this point in my life? Just about everything. And it's bloody annoying!

  7. Anonymous says:

    What makes me cry? Putting gas in my truck.