no not cute pics of my children...FAMILY STUDIO PROFESSIONAL pictures that were scheduled for tonight.
We have to cancel for couple reasons some of which have been the cause for concern a round the teachbroeck estate the last few days
1. I have some stupid infection in my eye....SEXAY! (taking two meds for)
2. K has this all over body rash.....hoping it is viral next step dermatologist
3. K pulled 75% of her eyelashes out.....at first I was bothered a bit and there was only a few gone...she said she was just bored in the car....not stressed or feeling ignored...as a teacher I know that kids taking out their body hair can be a warning sign of some emotional distress (which ps on Friday my mother hinted could be MY fault and maybe I should checked into depression meds) YHA THAT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY!
anyway K went to her dad's and was nervous he would would notice ...but with only a few gone I told her to tell him she was rubbing her eye...fast forward to Monday when K came through the door (she is suppose to be home Sunday night THAT IS A WHOLE Different STORY!) and they were mostly GONE! I cried...I think I was in shock...she looked sickly....so after a few hours of thinking the worst we decided to just watch her and see....she never pulls them out when she is visibly upset....she doesn't do it when I am feeding the baby or she just got in trouble...just in the car once with me and once wither her dad....
anyone else out there know of a child doing this? don't tell me if they ended up in the looney bin as a teenager....of course if she does her ole ma will be there to keep her company!!
OKAY enough of that...but boy it feels good to write it!
tonight we have BEANBAGS....yes in the ole Midwest we throw beanbags through a hole in a box and call it a sport! Along with beer what could bet a better 2 hour date with my husband once a week? Speaking of beer....I am a sellout ...Beebop I hope you are sitting down. I have been a Millerchill girl for the past 2 summers....well I tried swig of Bud Light Lime and DAMN it is better....
So tonight 2 hours with my BLL and forget about the many trips to the dr...the bat in my house...the thrift sale that is not ready in my garage, the 3 hours of fussiness I get again the rest of the week, the softball games to get to, the bills to pay, the husband I rarely see awake BEANBAGS HERE I COME.....(ps I really suck and don't much like the game...but 2 hours!!!)
When I Said Slow...
16 years ago

woman, its called cornhole 'round these parts!!! and i too have tasted the delights of bud lite lime, it is SO better than chill. as for kdog...weird, but im sure just a thing...maybe introduce her to mascara so she can see what good use those babys are for!
ahhh beebop you always have a way of sounding even more hickfarmmidwestern then me!! CORNHOLE?? HA I am thinking some fake lashes!! thanks for the support!
Man thats crappy!! I'm sure that doesnt help the situation.. but really can it get much worse? Maybe i shouldnt even bring that up...
and the only advise i have on the eye lash thing comes from my reading up on how to make sure your dog is okay with your new baby.. but i dont think making the new baby give her a treat is going to work for the boredom and eye lash thing.. sorrry!!!
hope your eye feels better soon.. and that rash clears up.. probably better to take her to the dermatolgist soon so they can just give her a cream and it can go away quickly...
sorry for all your crappiness...
Cornhole!? HA! I remember my friends in high school always saying "cornholeeeo" it still cracks me up to say it. :)
What's up with the lashes? Not really sure. Maybe she is sort of unconsiously doing it as a way to deal with the baby?? It doesn't sound like she's verbalizing that she is upset, jealous or sad about the baby... but who knows... it might be something she is feeling but doesn't know how to share it?? I'd assume too that it is just a phase. I'm sure all big brothers and sisters go thru some odd habits when the new little one comes home. I'd say no worries unless it continues! :)
In Kentucky we called it Cornhole too. Beanbags are a type of chair!
SO great to have you back!!!
No one knows the fun of drunken yard games until you have tossed the beanbags!! We also have a game called majic sticks. It involves tomatoe sticks pounded into the ground, plastic party cup on top of the sticks, a frisbee, and of course, beer.
I can give you the rules if you want them, and the game is quite fun!!
Glad your back :)
gardening equipment and frisbee? WOW~ Does it require you have broken down cars and beer cans in your yard?
Ouch, have got conjunctivtis??
Nothing worse than a sore eye.
Cute kids, i was having a wee look at your pictures.
I came across your site via Greg. Hope you don't mind me stoping by.
l,
Amanda
it's Cornhole around these parts too...you aren't cool during tailgating unless you have one!
Matthew's also digging the Bud Light Lime and he's totally a Miller boy so I guess it must be pretty tasty for him to change.
As for the eyelashes, not sure what to tell ya there. I'm thinking maybe mascara too...then she can learn to bat them at those boys :-) Hee hee