I'm still a rock star...I got my rock moves

TEACHBROECK On 6:17 AM

Still here.


Home for day 2 of Operation SICKBOY. Monday night was a blur of firey fever, tears and NO sleep.


Doctor says ear infection, bronchitis and start of pneumonia on right side. There goes my mother of the year award. Until the fever started, I though he was just hanging on to the nasty crud Every kid at daycare has...plus he is so so damn happy all the time I didn't know.



It was teary...seeing your baby sick and NOT being able to comfort him for the first time in his life...I was mad that mom lived so far away (if you know anything about me that is HUGE!) I was mad that we lived too far from an urgent care clinic, I was PISSED my husband had a job that did not include sick time or even anytime to help me...but in the end it all worked out ..I have a great local NP that saw me on a moments notice and friends that helped with Baby J while I got K to school and my sub plans done at the crack of ass.



He slept great last night after only one dose of drugs...Tylenol on the every 4 hours...his fever was ravishing...and


IF YOU HAVE KIDS




IF YOU HAVE EARS




IF YOU HAVE KIDS WITH EARS
get this...




My NP called it "Novocain for the ears" Seriously instant pain relief in the ear..not even my neonatal nurse friend had hear of it. You need a prescription, but worked great!!!



Okay Off to read about all you!

Dear God...please help Baby J get better. Keep Kdog healthy and most of all help me not kill the dog who is in the house most of the day because of the weather. AMEN

4 Responses "I'm still a rock star...I got my rock moves"

  1. Christy says:

    Sorry to hear about your little guy. I hope he is feeling better soon.

  2. Amanda says:

    I'm sorry the little one has been sick, i hope everyone is all better for Christmas.
    He looks so peaceful asleep(i hope that look is not deceiving!)
    Sending get well hugs,
    love,
    Amanda x

  3. Stephanie says:

    Poor little guy! I hate when kids are sick. It just crushes me. I thought I would have to be home today as our little one woke up throwing up around 10pm. But that was it for the night and he was ready to go play today. You aren't a bad mom at all! The kids are adorable by the way. Thanks for stopping by. I am excited to read more!

  4. Nellie says:

    When it rains it pours huh? I'm sorry he is so sick... I totally understand how sick it makes mom feel too, knowing you can't really do much to help and thinking why didn't I bring him/her in earlier... I have done that before with Ellie... I felt terrible cuz I just thought she had a cold and it tunrs out to be ear infection/strep, etc... being a mommy is hard isn't it!