failure

TEACHBROECK On 8:12 AM

I have no real talents. I can't sing or draw or rollerskate backwards...yha I can cook, but not fancy. I can make people laugh but it gets annoying. The one thing I thought I was good at was being a mom...really K just made it easy because she was the classic Gerber baby who ate, slept and played.

I am not good at it. I have friends that have had kids 9 months apart. Beebop has a baby and a toddler at home..Sugar and Ice has baby twins and a toddler! And some of you out there have 4 or 5 kids! All of you seem so cool and relaxed....like you go to the gym and READ! I have a 9 year old and a 8 month old and I can't do it very well! It has been puke, snot and coughing all vacation and now I have a cold. Most days I don't even take a sip of my coffee much less take a shower. I am so tired at night I pray the baby won't wake up...K still needs me when she feels sick..I feel like I am drowning in laundry and dust...why can't I handle this?

I feel like Baby J is a grouchy baby all of a sudden ..does not like to entertain himself...screams when I change his diaper...he is only happy when he is rubbing his snot on my sweatshirt...which is fine I have just started rubbing my own snot there too...saves on Kleenex...he is bored and clingy and wakes up 3 or 4 times a night...I thought I was doing this all right. I wouldn't change anything for the world...my kids make my life complete... is he going through separation anxiety? Should I let him cry when Daddy tries to hold him? I can't give in and rescue him or he will do it more? Right? I have 9 years experience and I am clueless!

I guess what I am saying is maybe we won't have anymore kids..I wasn't cut out for motherhood like I thought. All I wanted from people is to say I was a good mom...maybe I am not. this too shall pass...right?

Maybe this was all triggered by the mansized poop I had to fish out of the tub this morning.

Nellie I am WITH YOU I may just need a day or 2 to find my sanity and my bra...=) Thanks for not giving up on me!

6 Responses "failure"

  1. Amanda says:

    All sounds pretty normal to me!
    Mum's that don't go through days or weeks or longer feeling like this are lying!
    You have had it rough over these past few weeks with the kids being ill ~ hope you are feeling better soon too.
    Try and have a Happy New Year when it comes!
    All the best for 2009!
    l,
    Amanda x

  2. Anonymous says:

    oh girl, you are not a failure at all. look at those beautiful kids!!! its a rare day when I feel like i actually have my shit together, trust me. we are all drowning in the snot fest over here in ohio too. hang in there. you are a beautiful and talented mother and TEACHER (I wouldnt teach kids for a million bucks...) this takes a special kind of lady, adn that lady is you!
    so xoxoxo and head up. happy new year!
    love beebop

  3. Thanks guys! Beebop you USUALLY make me cry from laughing my ass off...today because you said what I needed thanks!

  4. Nellie says:

    OH HON! I could have written that same post and I only have ONE kid! We had some horrible weeks of sleepless nights with Ellie and I would start to think I was going to go crazy and then just like that it would switch back to our normal schedule and she'd be a peach. We had a few of these rough patches and now we're pretty much over them. (I'm hoping so anyways!)

    You are a good mom. Don't let a few rough days get you down. I'd say what you are feeling right now it TOTALLY normal! Today I've been a total bitchwad to Ellie and then I feel totally guilty!! I get real snippy and short with her and she'll end up in a time out that I know is half my fault cuz I'm yelling and telling her to do something and she gets all upset about it and talks back to me. Today has been pretty bad. So bad she was even telling me she wanted her daddy... which she has NEVER said to me before. Some days I just have NO patience what so ever and it is terribly embarrassing to put it out like this...

    ok, now you've made me very curious about who beebop is and i am going to go check out her blog!

  5. Nellie says:

    oh and I read the shack too! it was an odd book but interesting...

  6. Stephanie says:

    You are no failure at all. There are going to be rough patches, but you will get through them. Everything will smooth out.