Weigh In

TEACHBROECK On 9:52 AM

K.B. prompted a new question in my mind.
I would love to know how you all (can I say y'all if I am NOT from the south...even remotely?) feel about booze and pregnancy. I am not talking a bottle of Windsor in the back alley here..
I never EVER had a drop of alcohol with while pregnant with Kdog. I gasped when I saw various aunts or friends sip a beer while they were incubating. BUT NOW I wonder. Does a glass of wine or a beer really hurt anything? Am I changing my mindset because.....
1.I don't have the will power to NOT have a glass? ( My father is an alcoholic and trust me I like to get my drink on when the time is right, but after 10 years of drinking I am not one)
2. I am stressed. (insert Jeopardy them song here)
3. I am doubting the longevity of this pregnancy.
4. I am bitter of the bachelorette parties, hunting season (and you all thought it was for the men!), holidays and parties I didn't/couldn't drink and then lost the babies anyway.

I don't know...I mean CRACK addicts have babies....that is abuse in my mind ....alcohol abusers have babies with FAS....

Is a glass of wine okay the first trimester but not the second or third? I think I would have a hard time heaving my 8 month stomach up to a bar and saying give me a beer!

THOUGHTS????
THIS COULD BE ME

5 Responses "Weigh In"

  1. Go with Better Safe Than Sorry and don't give in to the temptation. I was told by people "oh a glass of wine/beer' won't hurt", but one glass leads to a second sometimes. I drank a small amount of alcohol with my son, and then he was born without the ability to digest two kinds of sugars, and his diet is restricted, and I will never know if this just "happened" or if that glass of wine or bottle of beer were responsible. 9 months of resisting temptation is a lot easier to bear than a life time of regret, believe me.

    And good luck with your pregnancy!

  2. I agree with the better safe than sorry....I feel guilty if anything was wrong ...even if it was totally unrelated to alchohol. I am not really tempted too much, once in ahwile I just get the WHY NOT mood...but then don't drink anyway. Next Saturday we are going to dinner and I am not sharing the news yet so I thought a glass off wine to sip off of would deter the WONDERINGS of my firends who know me to drink a glass of wine or two with my meals when I go out to eat. Thanks for your imput Bramble rose!

  3. Thank you for your comment about my picture - that's why I said good luck about your pregnancy too, I had my last son prematurely at barely 6 months and he did not make it.

    I hope your latest one continues healthy and strong - and good luck with the alcohol too! Don't let anyone talk you into doing anything you're not totally comfortable with - I did with my pregnancy that resulted in the 3 year old who can't eat a lot of table sugar without being in agony when he goes to the bathroom, and I'll always regret it.

    Do whatever feels right for YOU.

  4. Great advice! I tried to find your profile to put all your storeis together...do you have one on your blog?

  5. Happy First Day of School! Wishing you a fantastic year! I hope you have a great day!!