nightie night

TEACHBROECK On 10:11 AM

KDog slept through the night at 3 weeks old...LUCKY I KNOW!!!! YEHA GOOD SLEEPER!!!
Fast forward....
I am going to document the things she yells out...so when she is a mom she can see it!
((Her room is kiddy corner to the living room and she gets "scared" if we are up or downstairs))

Me: Brush your teeth, go potty and then time to read K.
-WHAT??????? What time is it? Never mind it is time to read.
-IT IS NOT EVEN MY BEDTIME You got up at 5:30 it IS your bedtime tonight.
She reads for 20 minutes. I read to her 15 minutes. I say good night, tuck in, kisses hugs..EXIT
10 seconds later
-I need a drink Here. Good night I love you.
-I need a hug I hugged you!
-But I didn't hug you! -FINE
-Come check on me I always do!
-In 5 minutes AT COMMERCIAL!
-Are the doors locked? YES!
-What are you doing? GO TO BED
-mom?
-mom?
-mom?
-mom?
KNOCK IT OFF~
-please just come here... K-Dog I am tired please stop (aka..my fuckin show is on leave me alone!) What do you need?
-Can you turn my music down? WHAT? Reach over and do it yourself GOOD NIGHT!
-I love you. You too K.
-To the moon and back.
-I mean Jupiter and back...wait mom Jupiter isn't a planet ((here I am being quiet buy stabbing my eyeballs with the remote))
-I love you to ZENA and back (damn science teacher)
15 minutes of silence
-I smell popcorn!!! I NEVER get any POPCORN!! NO FAIR YOU ALWAYS make it when I go tot bed. SHUTUP YOU HAD A DESERT~
-Can I have one piece?
-one?
-COME ON!!!! K-Dog if you don't be quiet you are grounded.
-Head peeps over the couch...one piece? GO TO BED.....QUIT WATCHING THE TV AND MARCH IT YOUNG LADY (oh god I am my mother)
5 minutes of silence
-Mom don't get mad I am just going to the bathroom. (flush)
-Can you come tuck me in? IF YOU GET OUT OF THAT BED I AM GOING TO NAIL YOUR DOOR SHUT ---FOREVER~
30 minutes pass and I kiss the sweet sleeping girl on the head and feel guilty about the last thing she heard....

3 Responses "nightie night"

  1. Although I am sorry you had a rough evening, I am happy to hear that I am not the only one who deals with bedtime drama at night . . .I know this is not my blog, but I would like to share a small sample of the bedtime drama that occurs in my house EACH night:

    Me: Goodnight, I love you
    CC: I love you too
    (five minutes later)
    CC: I can't sleep
    Me: Try
    CC: I am trying, it's not working:
    Me: Try again
    (repeat no fewer than five times)
    CC: I'm still trying, but I can't sleep
    Me: No you haven't been trying, you haven't been in bed long enough to try, nor have you stopped talking long enough to try
    CC:(enter screaming voice)I HAVE BEEN TRYING, YOU CAN'T TELL ME I'M NOT TRYING, YOU DON'T KNOW IF I'M TRYING OR NOT!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Well, here's to wishing you a peaceful night!!

  2. Anonymous says:

    Nighttime Drama is part of being a mom! Someday, when they are older, we would give anything for their little voices calling us from the living room or kitchen or our bedroom. But for now, "PLEASE, go to sleep!" ;)

  3. mixedupme you can leave whatever you wnat here! I love it! And I wish that was 1 night...it is every night!!!!