red

TEACHBROECK On 11:58 AM

I hate confrontation. My whole life I have run from it and pretended everything was "FINE." let things fester and then take it out at home..I had a bad morning with JDog and then in the mist of planning a girl get together Saturday one of my "friends" ended her email with " I wish I was a teacher right now so I could have weekends off." Excuse me...I worked my ass off to get where I am today...I come to my classroom on the weekends all the time to get shit done. I am taking a 1 credit class right now which met on Saturdays and am working on a paper. (one of the other girls couldn't meet right away because she had a paper to do...everyone else was also busy til the afternoon but ME...hence the comment) NOT to mention I am wife, houseowner and OH YES A MOTHER! (none of which the "friend" is.) Still I would never belittle her time or responsibilities.
So I sent her an email about the above concerns (minus the cuss words and attitude)
AND GUESS WHAT she emailed me that I was "ridiculous" and that I was insulting her...why is it I can't express my point of view to some people...I don't hate her...I wasn't bad mouthing her...but I wanted to get it off my chest and not take it out on my own family later. I tried to stand my ground, but then sent her another email that if we were not friends I would not feel comfortable telling her and if I hurt her I would want her to tell me blah blah blah
ICKY feeling and my face it 8 times red.

6 Responses "red"

  1. Anonymous says:

    So that's the story. Well, just so you know, I really dislike comments like the one your friend made. Personally, I don't understand where it comes from as most of my friends have the weekends free, and they aren't teachers. I think the word 'ridiculous' would have pissed me off. Try not to kiss her ass.......you really were not out of line, and she sounds like a bully to me........even though I never had her as a student or even know who she is. :)

  2. Thanks NELLIE! I feel so much better today. These things happen. Even if it was a misunderstanding I feel good about standing up for myself. (AND TEACHERS EVERYWHERE!) Life is too short when I have such beautiful friends that love me! She will either get over it and we can move on or be bitter. I FEEL GREAT!

  3. Anonymous says:

    Nellie is happy you feel GREAT today!

  4. I understand . . . you go girl!!! One time my boyfriend, at the time, said to me, "Why are you always so tired, you're just a teacher!"

    I challenge anyone who thinks teachers don't work hard to spend a day, or even an hour, in the classroom. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that others who have other professions don't work hard, they do, I know they do . . .it just seems as if teachers are always hearing snide comments because they have weekends off, and holidays, and sometimes summers - What people don't realize is the amount of planning that goes into teaching, which often times takes place at home after hours because the days are filled with TEACHING!!

    Okay, I'm done now! I hope you have a great day!!

    Ryan in Ca

  5. YES YES YES MIXED UP ME and I don't get PAID for weekends, summer, vacation or for the credits I must take to keep my liscense!!!!!! (yes I get 12 checks a year, but it is a nine month salary all chopped up~) Which is why I teach summer school!

  6. I always teach summer school too, and sometimes intersession during Fall and Spring break!!