Ham

TEACHBROECK On 7:59 AM

Ham
Ham,
originally uploaded by teachbroeck.
Yes I took a picture of the HAM! My grandpa prided himself on the ham every year at Easter. He would go to store knowing a 20-pound ham would be plenty. But whenever he got there, he would eye up the larger ones. Of course we always had way too much ham on Easter. But at the table we would discuss the quality of the ham at length. I actually felt bad for my Grandma who had heard about the HAM for 2 weeks before Easter! I have posted before about not crying at my Grandpa's funeral. Easter was a great day full of memories. When I was little my Grandpa always hid the baskets. I can still picture them in my mind with one WHITE chocolate bunny for me. And as I got older and my love for mashed potatoes with cabbage salad* and gravy grew infamous in the family, Grandpa would tell me every year we WERE NOT having mashed potatoes that year...like I would fall for that! Anyway it was a wonderful Easter weekend filled with movies**, family, full tummies, dogs and yes memoirs of grandpa.


* I think my days of eating cabbage are over, because not only did I get the horrifying gas from it, but brutal gut rot as well TMI I know.
**A friend and I took our kids to The Last Mimzy. I felt like I was watching a cult movie~ IT was like X-files for kids....a little strange.

1 Response to "Ham"

  1. Kait says:

    Ha ha ha! Cabbage Gas! Best ever! Second only to Pregnancy Gas From Everything, and only beats out Cheese Gas by a hair!

    I hope that your tummy is feeling better, and that you had some excellent Cabbage Gas induced giggles! :)