Uneventful

TEACHBROECK On 11:42 AM

New Year's was Uneventful. Not even one picture of us, food, or J passed out. In the past I have partied until 3 and then got up at 9 for Bloody Mary's. I was a little irritable (one person pressured me about breast feeding and another acted if teacher's have ALLL this time off and we shouldn't have sick time) and tired, but I dressed up.... put an extra curl in my hair and tried to be festive. We started at our friend's house and ate a lot of shrimp, stuffed mushrooms (my secret recipe) and everyone else a lot of booze...there were drinking games and poker, both of which I watched. I was a little uncomfortable anyway because there were so many kids there watching the drinking games some were even my students! Then at 11pm we headed to the bar where all our younger, wild friends were....we said our hellos and then after a midnight kiss I was ready for home. Jdog tried to wooo me into staying for couple of dances, but at this point I wanted my bed and jammies...he passed out in the car at 12:11 so I am pretty sure it was a good idea to go!

MEANWHILE:
Kdog was invited to hang out with younger friend's kids..I called her to make sure she wanted to stay over, because I passed the house and could have picked her up. Sometimes the idea of sleeping over is great until bedtime and she gets teary. BUT she stayed.....she also did not go to BED until 4am....4 friggin AM!!!!! Needless to say she went to bed at 6:30 last night.

Don't get me wrong I would rather be pregnant any day than get drunk on NYE it is just our tradition to drink lots and be merry!

It feels okay to be back at school...I loved long mornings in bed with the cat...watching the Today show random trips to Tar get... making breakfast for Kdog that didn't come from the freezer...

I have slowly been trying to catch up on some blogs....if I haven't be there soon!

PS I just started this....

7 Responses "Uneventful"

  1. Oh my Goodness . . . a Picoult book I haven't read! Is that the one about the Amish girl? If so, I think I didn't read it beacause I saw the movie first by accident.
    Happy New Year! Why do you have to go back to work so early?

  2. Yes the Amish girl Katie. I have had off since the Friday before Xmas and now I go until well we don't get a spring break so I go until the baby comes I guess!!!

  3. Nellie says:

    I've read this! It is a great book, enjoy!

  4. Nellie says:

    I've read this! It is a great book, enjoy!

  5. Nellie says:

    oops, sorry for the duplicate :)

  6. Oh my goodness, your son is really scooting along that timeline you have posted. Woo Hoo!!!

  7. Anonymous says:

    I love piccoult books, i cry with every one. my fave is My Sisters Keeper.