I am trying really hard NOT to entertain the wicked thoughts of 2 children under 2 in my mind right now. We did not want to have another child...and if I did it would be years from now.
Last year at this time I was crying because I wasn't pregnant. Now I am trying not to think that I COULD be.
I am not breastfeeding. It was been almost 9 weeks since I had a period. I wasn't concerned until I called to schedule my IUC Monday and the nurse paused when I told her I hadn't had one. Apparently it is easier to insert the IUC during your period....then she asked THE QUESTION
IS IT POSSIBLE YOU ARE PREGNANT?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY NO HOW~
Well there was that ONE time 4 weeks after H was born we cheated a bit.
And sometimes we cheat before we pack the plastic.
And the secretary at my shcool has a son with a 2 yr old and a 1 yr old and his wife is 38 and got her tubes tied..GUESS WHAT PREGNANT again! But they are pharmacists so money is no issue (words taken from his mother)
I really had not thought about it at all..being all busy with motherhood and all...but now the nurse has planted a seed of doubt in my mind.
I am trying hard not to sound terribly selfish here...but I was not cut out to be a mother of 2 small children...ask anyone I am the first to admit it. I truly admire those mom's with babies and toddlers but I am not good at it. I have minor bouts OCD (I can't have laundry in the basket...I wash it everyday...if more than 3 bottles are dirty I have to wash them and have them all ready to go) with one baby I can handle all that and not feel bad. Plus Baby J gets most my attention with special times during the day for K dog...yesterday we made muffins together, Monday we played tattoo shop.
Ahhh these are just mindless ramblings I can't hold in anymore and don't feel ready to talk about with people.
We can't afford 2 kids in daycare.
I am not ready to be pregnant again.
Everyone says once you accept it it will all be fine...I am not sure I can deal with it.
HOW UNFAIR to Baby J who is 2 months old for c!&#$ sake.
I am scared. I am not even going to take a pregnancy test. I am sure they will Friday before they put in the IUC.
Please understand I know couples all over the world and right here on my blog would do anything to get pregnant. anything. Trust me I was there just a year ago. But the point of my blog is to express my emotions and celebrations and worries...today I worry. Forgive me if any of it comes off as insensitive. I am just overwhelmed with the range of thoughts racing through my mind right now....hopefully writing here will let me let some of it go and I can enjoy my kids today.
When I Said Slow...
16 years ago

i know some peeps that didnt get their period for 12 weeks after baby was born (and not breastfeeding either), deep breaths! you could always take a preggo test???
Okay.. I know this is TERRIBLY insensitive and you can totally hate me for saying this.. but I find it very very funny!!! :)
Sorry.. I really am.. and you can throw this back in my face if I'm sitting in the same boat in 7 months! :)
As someone who tried for three and a half years to get pregnant and had to get "assistance", I don't see anything wrong with what you're saying. Just because there are lots of people out there that want babies doesn't mean that you have to want one right now. So, there's no need for you to apologize for your true feelings, especially on your own blog.
Until last month, I had two children under the age of two. It is tough. But it is also really fun.
beebop- i know I should I just keep thinking I would KNOW! maybe reality woud send me over the edge
ryley-trust me I have friends that will laugh very hard..
sugar& ice -thank you!!! I guess if i REALLY thought I was with symptoms and all I would be giddy after a good cry!
christy-you are a saint.
Can you wait till Friday to find out? I couldn't!
It is tough, i had a two year old when i gave birth to twins. But they are at school now. If i did it. You could too ( if you are indeed pregnant )
Go take a test and put your mind at rest!
I think you will be fine...just like beebop said, I know people who weren't breastfeeding and didn't get their period for almost 4 months! I think it's perfectly normal for you to be thinking the way you are...like Chas said just because there are people out there that want babies, it's okay for you to feel the way you do...I mean you just had one and you want to be able to suck in all of his delicious goodness!
Becca- you summed it up perfect with your last sentence!!!